Here is one example found on pages 203-206 where she talks about
“THIS IS A PARENT’S RIGHT AND RESPONSIBILITY:
DON’T SHRINK FROM IT
- Model it.
- Expect their help.
- Don’t apologize or over explain.
- Give clear, straightforward instructions.
- Give appropriate thanks and feedback.
- Make it routine.”
And, another wise set of self-help items on pages 278-282 . . .
“HOW TO LOOK AFTER YOURSELF
(YOU’LL BE A BETTER PARENT AS A RESULT)
- Discover your passion and purpose, and chart your path accordingly.
- Learn to say no.
- Prioritize your health and wellness.
- Make time for your most important relationship(s).
- Interrogate your relationship with money.
- Practice kindness and gratitude.”